MBA in Management of Information Technology
The MBA in Management of Information Technology is designed to meet the emerging market demand for IT management professionals. Students must complete a total of 15 courses, including MBA core courses and IT courses.
Recent trends in technology have increased the demand for information technology professionals. The Management of Information Technology program emphasizes management of information systems, database management, communications networks, project management, electronic commerce, systems analysis and design.
Students will be prepared for The University’s simulation exercises which also add a unique dimension to the program. Delivered and conducted by experienced working professionals in Information Technology development and business, these complementary curricular support activities enable Schiller International University’s students to break out of the classroom and gain hands-on experience even as they explore internship opportunities or network with potential employers.
This degree must be completed at the Florida or Heidelberg campus or on-line (read more)
Objectives of the MBA in Management of Information Technology
1. Develop and lead teams of technical people toward the achievement of established goals, and manage the development of their product.
2. Identify ways in which technology can be applied to solve both existing and new or anticipated problems.
3. Leverage technology to realize strategic management goals and opportunities.
4. Assure the quality of information as well as its value to those who will ultimately use it for decision making.
5. Think, write and speak cogently and persuasively about ongoing or anticipated work with colleagues, end-users and corporate leadership, and listen carefully to feedback.
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related fields, such as economics, including completion of the following core courses: Microeconomics, Statistics, Business Law, Marketing, Management and Accounting.
Required Business Core Courses
|BA 501||Organizational Behavior||3|
|BA 512||Managerial Accounting||3|
|BA 515||Managerial Finance||3|
|BA 529||Multinational Business Management||3|
|BA 537||Production and Operations Management||3|
|BA 542||Comprehensive Business Management Seminar||3|
|BA 589||Methods of Research and Analysis||3|
|IT 576||IT Applications in Business||3|
Required International Business Courses
|BA 522||International Marketing||3|
|BA 544||Human Resources Management||3|
Required IT Courses
|IT 500||Management of Information Systems||3|
|IT 510||Database Management||3|
|IT 520||Management of Networks||3|
|IT 530||Information Technology Project Management||3|
|IT 540||Systems Analysis, Design and Implementation||3|
Total Credits Required: