Full-time (French « contrat à durée indéterminée »)
Salary range: 26K – 28K/ year, based on experience
This position is responsible for recruiting students to Bachelor and Masters/MBA programs, piloting the admissions process and advising students regarding enrollment and degree completion requirements. The Admissions Representative will also be responsible for student services.
This position is located at the Paris campus of Schiller International University (Paris, France) and works with the Admissions Office team.
- Conducts student appointments to identify students’ educational goals and disseminate course and program information to potential students. Provides information on university policies, practices and rules, by using judgment and discretion.
- Organizes and participates in presentations on SIU programs at external locations within the local market such as at high schools, companies, organizations and diplomatic representations.
- Provide assistance and advice to international students on housing, visas, administrative issues and campus orientation.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of French higher education and the application process to university studies and other higher education institutions.
- Assists potential and/or current students in understanding their financial obligations.
- Provides effective communication with potential and/or current students via telephone, email, and/or in person.
- Uses professional knowledge and perspective to relate to new and potential students to establish professional rapport and add to the student experience.
- Assists the student by performing appropriate follow up and coordination with team members.
- Assists students in making informed decisions by providing ethical, timely, accurate, and comprehensive enrollment options and program information.
- Is proactive in identifying potential barriers within the student enrollment process and initiates steps resulting in resolution.
- Assist students on social security and accommodation matters to facilitate their integration in Paris and campus life.
- Assists with additional work duties or responsibilities as evident or required, assigned or apparent.
- Demonstrates personal and professional integrity as outlined in the SIU Code of Business Ethics.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- A Bachelor’s degree is required from an accredited/recognized institution. Master degree would be a plus.
- Possess the requisite status to work in France.
- Possess high level knowledge of the higher education market and industry.
- Possess high level understanding of business, humanities and social sciences programs of study.
- Must be student and advisor oriented and have the ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Customer service or advising experience in an educational environment entailing one on one interaction is highly preferred.
- Must possess a high level of interpersonal and communication skills to accurately convey University information as described above.
- Must have an excellent command of professional presentation skills and be comfortable presenting to groups both large and small.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Previous experience of study abroad or in a study abroad environment would be valued.
- Bilingual French/English a must. Proficiency and knowledge of other languages would be a plus.
Send CV & cover letter to: