Bachelor Degree in International Relations & Diplomacy
Schiller International University’s Bachelor Degree in International Relations and Diplomacy offers students an international curriculum that encompasses scientific technological, cultural and humanitarian concerns, as well as the more traditional areas of diplomatic activities. Schiller International University students initially pursue courses in the liberal arts, in order to give them a thorough foundation in history, economics, political science, and international relations. In their final two years of study, students will go on to apply their analytical skills to case studies, debates, and on-site visits.
The International Relations and Diplomacy program equips students with the expertise they need to pursue careers in international organizations – fields such as law, government, business, and journalism, as well as moving onward to graduate programs in political science and international relations.
1. Demonstrate an understanding of international relations concepts and ideas.
2. Display competence in oral and written communication as it relates to international relations.
3. Apply analytical and critical thinking skills to matters related to international relations and diplomacy.
4. Analyze key issues associated with international organizations, multilateral processes and the non-governmental sector that operate in international politics.
5. Exhibit appreciation for multiculturalism and global diversity.
* These fields are required.